Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm Supposed to eat today!

So, I lived through two days of the liquid diet. This is actually day 3 and I decided to keep it going until dinner tonight. Today was just supposed to be soft, mushy food anyway, so instead I just had a protein shake during the day and I'm planning on having some tuna for dinner. Definitely had my share of coffee in there and I'm trying to down a bottle of water as I type this.

According to the 5 day plan, I'm supposed to have one more day of mushy food and then move on to solid protein. I think I might just hang back in this phase for a bit longer. I've been experimenting with protein shakes and found that of the three I bought, the Special K is the best, by far. Next would be Muscle Milk and the Atkins is hanging in at a solid third place. Surprisingly, I haven't really been too hungry. It's very strange. I feel free of decision making. I don't have to think about what to eat or feel guilty for eating or try to stop eating something I started picking on. I'm not feeling deprived because I know if I get hungry, I can just have a shake.

I have no idea where the hell this resolve has come from. I've spent the better part of the last year wallowing in self pity and disgust over not being able to use a speck of self control and now here I'm feeling all empowered, like this is no big whoop.

I can only hope this carries on for a while. I have a long way to go, but for the first time in a very, very long time, I have hope that I can finally get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment