Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Supposed to be Empowered

Empowered? Me? I think so!
I have been drinking shakes, eating my protein and avoiding temptation like a fiend! I don't have any freakin idea why or how, but I'm not going to question it. I actually feel empowered, like a bolt from above has given me some semblance of self control & I like it. a lot.

I've only been following this new protein shake/protein regime for about 4 days, but I swear I already feel different physically. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised considering the stark contrast between the way I was eating and the way I've been eating recently. I was starting to feel so swollen everywhere, especially my legs. Bending down for a few minutes to find a book or look in the closet was actually really painful and would leave me with a strange sensation. I swear today I looked down at my feet and my ankles looked...skinnier? They really do look and feel less swollen. I couldn't quite believe it so periodically throughout the day I would glance down at my feet and check. One of my kids even asked why I kept looking at my feet. Oh, so observant those little ones!

It's not all in my head. According to the scale this morning, I've lost 5 pounds. It's all just water weight I'm sure, but I'll take it! I wore a pair of pants today that I had to leave unbuttoned just last week, but today they buttoned easily. These are just small glimpses into the future, I hope. I have two (yes two) closets of clothes that don't fit. I know what it feels like to try on clothes that haven't fit in a while and I so want that feeling again. 

Heading into the weekend will be a challenge. There are seriously weekends when we would eat out for every meal. EVERY one. That is just wrong on so many levels. That will have to change this weekend.

Here's hoping my newfound iron will doesn't abandon me anytime soon - that would suck. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats! I am so proud of you! Keep up the FABULOUS work! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Lorraine! Thank you! I love that you're reading so I don't feel like I'm just talking to myself! Not that I don't do that too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work!!! You can totally make it through the weekend, and it will be SOOOO worth it when you see the scale go down yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay!!! Where did you go???
    I just found your blog after seeing the link on the 5DPT website post.

    Please come back. I want to know how you are doing, even if you think you are not doing well. You never know when what you say or what you have said is helping someone else.

    Rae (your new friend)

    ReplyDelete